PROPRIETOR & MANAGING DIRECTOR
Jamie Walter established Proven Thoroughbreds in 2002 and after a long association with the late Guy Walter (Jamie's brother), now has horses trained in four states.
Jamie's lifelong passion for racing can be traced to the childhood competition of shows and pony club sports days at Mudgee in the Central West of NSW. At the age of 20 Jamie bought his first racehorse from beneath the big Moreton Bay fig tree at William Inglis' Newmarket Sales Complex. Fatefully that $900 purchase, racing as Docalter, went on to win 7 races including a trio of successes in town. The dye had been cast!
Innumerable winners and dying maidens followed whilst Jamie pursued a career in radio as an announcer at Sydney's 2UW and Triple M. Aware that John Laws and Doug Mulray were in a different class, Jamie headed overseas in 1983 working in the US under Hall of Fame trainer NEIL DRYSDALE in LA and later MARK TOMPKINS at Newmarket in England.
On his return Jamie joined with a handful of friends to race city winners and stakes placegetters like Gerard, Swanky Sea, Ardiles, Lady Canaveral and Wittenberg whilst assisting his late brother Guy Walter.
A subsequent decade in the financial derivatives industry and sports journalism at 2GB failed to quell the pull of racing. So, in 2002, Jamie launched PROVEN THOROUGHBREDS with little fanfare. Since then the black and lime green colours have been carried by hundreds of horses including the STAKES winners SIR MOMENTS, SESAR, TREMEC, ADORABEEL, and CANDIKA as well as multiple city winners such as Lyncean Academy, Hardbreak Hotel, Digital Fortress, Skateboard, Gamblestown, Market Unit, Go Cart, Studio Star, Mr Incredible, Redaluca's Gaze, Our Barney, Empress Me, Hells Bells, Last Wish, Argent D'or, Chosen Prayer, Thewayweare, Guru, etc.
Racing manifold horses over 30 years has not been without its lessons.
- Luck and hard work are more likely to produce a good horse than any magical formula or self-perceived gift
- Without exception everybody buys duds!
- Owning a winner is a rare and indescribable thrill
- Like any industry, communication is paramount
The PROVEN THOROUGHBREDS model is built around communication. Our aim is to ensure all owners "live the journey" from purchase to the racetrack.
PROVEN THOROUGHBREDS SERVICES is the bloodstock arm of our business and in essence is an independent racehorse brokerage and management consultancy.
Whilst the internet has introduced the layman to copious quantities of information and considerably reduced the executional role of the "agent" in all industries, a network of contacts and educated advice is not as easily attained. In the racing industry, advice devoid of vested interests is an even rarer commodity.
PROVEN THOROUGHBREDS SERVICES like any consultancy, survives on good will, performance and people skills. Integrity is a prerequisite, suffice it to say ALL commissions are fully disclosed to both buyer and seller in ALL transactions.
PROVEN THOROUGHBREDS SERVICES offer the following to equine investors:
- Jamie attends all major sales in Australasia and can therefore provide experienced advice and representation for all stock publicly auctioned... yearlings, weanlings, mares, racehorses, untried stock and entires.
- At yearling sales, all horses are painstakingly inspected and researched to ensure a complete grasp of the market.
- Specialist racehorse management providing 40 years experience in racehorse ownership.
- Weekly communication via email, text or phone.
- Regular attendance at stables & spelling farms.
- Payment of all accounts and provision of itemized spreadsheets.
- Transparent commissions. Full disclosure to both buyer and seller.
- Vast network of contacts for both buyers and sellers.
- All bloodstock included... specializing in racehorses and mares off the track.
STALLION SHARES & NOMINATIONS
- Negotiation and purchase/sale of stallion nominations and shares.
- Valuation and appraisal of bloodstock portfolios or individual stock.
Jamie Walter is the sole director of PROVEN THOROUGHBREDS AFS Licence No 301464
and PROVEN THOROUGHBREDS SERVICES ABN 44 057 777 349